Software Quality as a Success Factor
In the field of information technology, software quality plays a decisive role in the success of a company, especially in times of distributed working. Poor quality of software, data, system landscapes and documentation poses an incalculable risk that can lead to considerable costs without consistent testing and quality management. This is especially true for highly complex and usually business-critical systems such as SAP, which are subject to constant change due to regular system updates and the implementation of changes and customer projects. This inevitably results in increased efforts for quality assurance.
Testing your SAP application is our daily business
Systematic testing is not only a component of your IT projects, but also an essential factor for the quality of your SAP landscape in daily system operation and system optimization. Based on our highly specialized know-how in the area of software quality assurance, we establish proven test procedures and methods for SAP solutions as well. In doing so, we rely on internationally recognized industry standards such as ISO 29119, IREB® or ISTQB®.
We support you in quality assurance and use SAP on-board tools such as SAP Solution Manager or SAP Test Suite, CBTA or eCATT as well as our own modern tools.
- Development of test procedure models
- Test conception, test planning and test management
- Test case creation and test execution
- Test automation
- Coaching in all test disciplines
Manual or automated test cases can be created in TestBench for every SAP business function. TestBench is our professional test management solution, for companies and projects that develop software and digital products and want to achieve high quality efficiently.
SAP provides functionality for test management and test automation out of the box. However, these are often not used by customers. Often other, isolated, tools are used.
With SAP integration, your testers will immediately find their way around TestBench. Test cases are created, executed and managed in the familiar structures. RoboSAPiens enables the creation and execution of automated tests for SAP transactions and for your non-SAP applications.
- Automated test cases for SAP and non-SAP applications with RobSAPiens
- Embedding of the SAP business function structure
- Assignment of test cases to transactions and programs
- Keyword driven test organization
- Definition of regression tests
- Optimization of the test scope
- Which transactions are used
- How often are transactions used
- Who uses the transactions
- Prioritization of test scenarios
The automation of tests creates the possibility to execute more tests in less time and to increase the test coverage. Especially in the area of regression testing, test automation is an important success factor.
Robot Framework provides a unified solution for the automation of various test objects (including SAP).
RoboSAPiens is based on Robot Framework and enables its use in the SAP environment. Cross-application test cases can be automated without media breaks and the advantages of the Robot Framework can be used.
- Technical language as script language
- Simple syntax through the use of keywords
- No system boundaries
- Integration with web automation
- Open source
- Reading of the SAP function structure (menu structure)
- Automatic creation of the SAP function structure in TestBench
- Reading of all actually used transactions and programs
- Assignment of determined transactions and programs to the menu structure
- Determination of the most used transactions and corresponding automatic basic prioritization of test cases
- Test sets and test cases are created for the respective transactions and programs
- Definition of regression tests
- Time-controlled test execution
- Extensive reporting
- Low-code automation
- Specialized language as scripting language
- Test case automation possible without in-depth programming knowledge
- Suitable for business departments
- Keyword driven test approach
- Designations in SAP correspond to automated modules
- Test cases are repeatable with different test data
- Cross-application or cross-system automated end-to-end testing possible
- Same methodology in SAP and non-SAP environment
- Open source product without license costs independent of the manufacturer
- Easy to integrate into imbus TechBench
- Test structuring corresponds to the SAP function structure
- Testscope optimization
- Extensive test documentation and management information